Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 11/05/2016 19:31, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 12:58 PM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 18:44, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 12:39 PM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 18:14, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 11:50 AM, Bod wrote:

However, it doesn't have connections with "sacred texts, or holy
places"
except to deny such things are valid.

Atheism DOES relate to and adhere to beliefs in regards to ethics,
and
societal organisation that relate humanity to what an anthropologist
has
called "an order of existence".

A religion isn't necessarily about the sacred or holy or even about a
belief in a god. It is a belief system that has both a
connotative and
denotative understanding of how it is defined and what is involved in
its practices.

religion

noun
"the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power,
especially
a personal God or gods".

That is ONE denotative definition of religion, but in order to be
thorough, it is a good idea to view the whole picture of how "religion"
is defined, vs. only quoting one narrow definition that may or may not
support ones own viewpoint, don't you agree?

If one is not religious, then they are NOT religious, no matter how you
twist the meaning.

One can be "religious" without any affiliation with a specific
"religion".

Hmm! you've lost me there.

See another post where I go into more detail.

Unfortunately I did read that "more detail" waffle , because that's what
it was.

--
Bod