Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_11_] Muggles[_11_] is offline

Default Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 5/11/2016 1:29 PM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 19:18, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 12:42 PM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 18:16, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 12:00 PM, Bod wrote:

As I look around *me*, I see many different religions all guessing
that
their particular strain is the *only* religion. I also see that
religion
in the UK is dying out except for the primitive Muslim religions.
It's
true that as people get more informed and intelligent that they
are
realising how misguided they have been.
It wasn't that long ago that people were worshipping the Moon/
the Sun
and many other objects as their god. Even today there are
Scientologist
idiots believing in Aliens etc.
If you read the Bible or the Koran, you'll see that they are both
contradictory all the way through and the *believers* cherry pick
what
they want to hear.

I don't think any individual religion has everything correct, but
I do
think many religions make an attempt to acknowledge that there is a
greater power involved in our existence, which, in turn,
acknowledges
that mankind is not equivalent to being a god.

IMO, there is too much evidence that it took intelligence to create
everything we see around us.

And it all happened only 6 thousand years ago?

No.

Hmm! this disagrees with you:

The Biblical Age of the Earth - Truth In Genesis
http://www.truthingenesis.com/2013/0...-of-the-earth/
3 Jan 2013 - So, according to the Bible the earth is about 6000 years
old. ... How long did Joshua march around the walls of Jericho anyway?
... He says, €œBy Periods God created that which produced the Solar
Systems; then that which ...

How many hours were in a day when Creation happened?

What!!?

In order to conclude that the Earth is 6000 years old, we have to define
if a year was the same time increment when Creation happened. In recent
history, time has been defined in seconds, minutes, hours, and years,
etc., but how do we define time when Creation was taking place?

But the Bible states 6,000 years ago. Time was no different
6,000 years ago.

No, the Bible doesn't say that.

--
Maggie