crayzKirk

Default Sanyo DS19230 Vertical Failure

Hi Jonesy!

Resoldered the vertical IC and now I get vertical foldover. Bottom part of
screen is dark, thick line in middle and partial screen on the upper. I
should have looked at it before I did that so I'm not sure if it was simply
vertical collapse before. Got it from a friend that said it only had a
vertical line. Looks a lot like a Toshiba with failed vertical IC. At
least this one is cheap. Got an ESR meter so I'll take a look at those two
caps. They don't appear to be the brown/red ones that are prone to failure
although after 12 years, who knows!

Thanks for the info!

Kirk
"Jonesy" wrote in message
Kirt try soldering you vert IC which is La7837 and if that do'nt work

check
c452 and c451 both of them should be 1uf/50volts if not you may have bad
yoke but try them first .
"crayzKirk" wrote in message
Hi,

Got an older Sanyo 19" TV set that has a single horizontal line instead

of
the picture. I'm thinking vertical IC and/or caps in that area. No
photofact exists for this model. Can anyone help me out with a

schematic?

Thanks!

Kirk