Posted to alt.home.repair
John G[_8_] John G[_8_] is offline

Default EMT tool-less connector???

Salvaged some old EMT for reuse with some tool-free connectors that turn
out to be quite neat to use--they're similar in appearance to a pipe
fitting solder connector with just a couple of dimples pressed into the
barrel on each end. In use, you simply drive the conduit in and it's
there; not compression nuts to tighten nor the ugly external screws in
the screw-type.

Anyway, the question -- anybody seen these or know a source? I quick
search didn't uncover them; I can't make out a manufacturer mark more
than an uppercase 'M' and a patent-pending to try to identify...

I'm liking them a lot but there are only a bare few around from some old
scraps...these may date from the '60s; I've no way to know...

Raco still has them in their catalog: http://www.hubbell-rtb.com/p-114-emt...ings-and-tools

You need the tool to make the dimple crimp that locks the coupling on to the connector: http://www.hubbell-rtb.com/p-115-emt...ings-and-tools

John Grabowski
http://www.MrElectrician.TV