Posted to alt.home.repair

Default your experience with referral services

On Tue, 10 May 2016 18:01:22 -0400, John wrote:

On 5/10/2016 5:47 PM, Mayayana wrote:
I've debated whether to sign up with Angie's
List and/or Home Advisor as a contractor, but
have no idea whether it would be useful. I'm
curious to hear about anyone's experience,
as a contractor or as a customer, with any
such service.

Not a contractor but I subscribed to Angie's list earlier this year and
found its a real PITA on the user end. It spams you two or three times a
day. I am seriously considering adding it to the bozo bin.

John

A lot like advertising in the local bargainhunter rag. You get all
the "customers" looking for a deal -and the ones NOBODY can satisfy.
Unlike the bargainhunter rags, they'll badmouth you across the
country.

Admitedly, they are not ALL that kind of customer - but do you need
ANY of them???

You might get 20 real happy customers and one of the "others" - - and
you are done like dinner.