Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Rich is offline

Default your experience with referral services

On 5/10/2016 5:47 PM, Mayayana wrote:
I've debated whether to sign up with Angie's
List and/or Home Advisor as a contractor, but
have no idea whether it would be useful. I'm
curious to hear about anyone's experience,
as a contractor or as a customer, with any
such service.

Back around the turn of the century, I asked the local building inspector for the name of a reputable roofer. While he wouldn't/couldn't answer,
a day or two later I had a roofers business card stuffed in my door. Roof company did an excellent job, no leaks yet.

And once you find one honest contractor, ask them for referrals for other building trades. These guys often know each other and know who the
jackleg crooks are.