Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - ETQ generator not starting

On Tue, 10 May 2016 17:07:42 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/10/2016 2:53 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

The last major power outage we had here was in late May of last year,
when a tornado came through. It was hot, so I needed the generator for
window A/C (and I also had one of those spray water bottles with a small
battery-operated fan on it).

[snip]

Nice to know that your generator will run a window
AC. I'd dare to guess that made life more comfortable.
I've heard hurricanes often come with high heat and
humidity. Less sure about tornados.

They are the "ultimate heat engine" so yes, high heat and humidity
are VERY common with Tornados. Not always humidity - but up here in
the "interlaken" tornado alley, for sure. (almost always associated
with thunder storms, regardless)