Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Please explain this Metric thread size

On Tue, 10 May 2016 07:08:41 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/10/2016 4:18 AM, Jack Hammer wrote:

I think the real problem is that US manufacturing doesn't know whether
to **** or get off the toilet.

I had to get used to metric about 25 years ago when I changed jobs.
IMO, it is easier to use once you use it. The rest of world is trading
amongst itself and the US is sometimes left out because we are different.

What puzzles me....

What do you call 2x4 in metric?

How big is a 4' x 8' sheet of metric plywood or drywall?

Isnt is easier to say "2 inch nail" rather than say "50.8 millimeter
nail"?

Are foreign women more impressed by a man with a 152.4 millimeter penis
than are US women comparing a man with a 6 inch penis?

How the hell do you refer to the pitch of a roof in metric?

How do you say "I wouldn't touch that woman with a ten foot pole" in
metric?

Since the foot measurement was devised by the length of the average
human foot. Were people born outside the USA born without feet?

What do you call an inchworm in Europe?

If the posted speed limit sign reads 30 in the US and a cop pulls you
over for doing 50, will a judge excuse you if you tell him that 30
kilometers per hour is 48.3, so you were driving 1.7 BELOW the limit.

What sounds better?
I'd walk a mile for a Camel, or I'd walk 1609.344 meters for a Camel.

Since they dont have yardsticks in the UK, do they have yards
surrounding their houses?

Does a metric phillips screwdriver have FIVE points on the tip, rather
than four?

If a foreigner blows 50 pounds (money) on beer at the bar, do they tell
their friends they lost 50 pounds?
If so, what the heck do they say when they actually lose 50 pounds of
body weight from dieting?

Why didn't they make a 13mm socket the exact same size as a 1/2 inch
socket?

Is a Football called a 30.48 centimeter ball in Europe?

In America you pINCH someone, in the UK, you P2.54centimeter them.

If an American woman's ideal figure is 36-24-36. What the heck do you
say in a metric using country?
91.44 - 60.96 - 91.44 really dont sound very sexy!!!! (Unless she's
Bigfoot).
Uh Oh.....
The word "BIGFOOT" cant be used in a metric country, it would be
"BIG30.48Centimeter".