Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default windshield spoiler?

On Mon, 09 May 2016 23:34:59 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 09 May 2016 23:12:09 -0400, Micky
wrote:

The other day at a traffic light, a convertible passed in front of me
with some gizmo atop the windshield, attached to the frame. A
spoiler is the closest name I can think of.

Googling doesn't show me anything close. Has anyone here seen such a
thing? Maybe spoiler is the wrong word and that's why I can't find
it??

Maybe I want one.

Wind deflector - or "hair saver" Most that fit on the windshield are
uselessm - the ones behind the headrest work a whole lot better.

Thanks. I'll remember that. I still couldn't find one mounted above
the windshield, but that's okay, at least I gave it a good shot and
I've lost interest.

At speeds over 50 I often put up the windows, and I rarely go over 65,
too much noise.

Feel free to skip historical narrative:
With my '65 and '67 Catalinas, I could open the vent windows so far
that they blew air into the passenger compartment, and I could turn
the sun visors up and forward so that they did the same thing. And
both had big fresh air vents to the left of driver ankles and to the
right of passenger ankles, even the '67 that had factory air. IOW, I
could get a lot more fresh air than I can now, even with the top down.
So maybe I want this thing.