Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Driving with adaptive cruise control

On 05/09/2016 12:25 PM, Don Y wrote:
There's a difference between "wanting a position fix" and using a GPS
to determine velocity. And, of course, the *type* of motion being
tracked! Any *incremental* approach to accumulating "distance
traveled" will tend to OVERestimate that distance. And, as time
is fixed, overestimate velocity proportionately! (its a sort of
"accumulation of tolerances" effect). Even on straight-line trips!

I'm amused when the GPS loses coverage and then reports my maximum speed
as 5.5 mph. Some people run uphill but I certainly don't.