Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - ETQ generator not starting

On 5/9/2016 7:06 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:
what I'd do is take the air cleaner off, spray some choke cleaner or
starter spray in it and see if it fires.

CY: Saturday, I did get it to almost run, twice, on ether. Later, no
sounds of life.

If not take the spark plug out
and see if it has any spark.

CY: Did so. No sign of spark.

If you can get it running on the carb
spray keep it running till it starts pickup up fuel from the carb or
clean the carb.

CY: I've had that happen on small engines.

If it's the spark not sparking you are in for a little
learning experience and I doubt if it's worth a new ignition module.

CY: My guess is you are totally correct.

had one of those that locked up.. I gave it away and I don't usually do
that but it only put out 800 watts on a good day and the coffee maker
takes 900 watts.

CY: Might be time to invest in propane stove and a camp coffee pot? In
theory, my ETQ was to run my furnace during power cuts.

Let's see what we can find on youtube....
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ll+generato r

CY: I'll have a look at the link, some time. Thank you for a thoughtful
reply.

--
..
Christopher A. Young