Posted to alt.home.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default grass trimmer

"leza wang" wrote in message ...
Hi all

I would like to buy a grass trimmer. I used grass trimmer to cut the grass of my small garden around (25f x 10f). I have electrical one but the motor got burn. I bought it around $30 and lasted for 3 years. It is cheap no name trimmer. Now I want to buy a decent one which I hope can last longer. What brand name I should buy? Which one is better Electrical with wire or the one on battery, cordless, or the one works on gas.

Any hint would be very much appreciated and as always thank you in advance.

I bought a Black & Decker corded string trimmer at Home Depot 20 years ago for around $50 and only started giving trouble a month ago. Bought the closest replacement B&D at Home Depot last week for $50. The only difference I can see is that the RPM is a little less and the current draw is a little more. Works fine, just like the last one. If you reply to this post, I'll find the model numbers for each one.

I also recommend buying the large 5-pound spool of replacement line and winding it yourself. Bought that 20 years ago for $10 and still have more than 1/2 left. They tell you to be sure and wind it one row at a time, which is always best. But I have found the easiest & quickest way is to cut the line first, then just wind it normally, letting it slip through your finders to avoid twisting it. There are fancier ways to do it but this way works for me.