Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Aladdin Isolator Valve

On 09/05/2016 16:52, Roger Mills wrote:
On 09/05/2016 15:07, John Rumm wrote:
On 09/05/2016 15:02, John Rumm wrote:

They probably get flattened at the back of the valve...

Ah, yes:

http://aladdin-products.co.uk/produc...yfit-isolator/

(that's also why there is a minimum drill torque spec, since it needs
the power to crush the pipe).

Come on John, you know the difference between torque and power even if
Aladdin doesn't. To quote the article which you cite:

"Installing the cutter in a standard hard 0.7mm wall copper pipe
requires 16 Newton-Metres of drill power"!!!

Indeed, but I won't begrudge them that one, since I would guess most
would equate "a more powerful" drill as one that also has more torque.

(which will be generally true unless discussing particularly highly
geared designs)

--
Cheers,

John.