Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Where can I buy a small quantity of BRASS Carriage Bolts?

wrote:
I need 14 BRASS Carriage Bolts, 1/4" diameter, 1.5 in long, with
brass nuts. These are for an outdoor patio bench. Steel will rust,
so I want brass (which is what the bench originally had). The local
hardware stores dont carry brass bolts.

Anyone know anywhere that will sell a small amount of them? I'm sure
they are costly, so I dont want to buy a whole case of them.
I need 14 of each, but will probably buy 20 of them.

If I cant find brass, I'd opt for stainless steel, but they are not
available locally either.

I would suggest bronze instead of brass. Stronger, would be about
the same price.

Where would a person find carriage bolts & nuts, or other fasteners,
made of solid bronze ? not bronze coloured finish
John T.

Pretty much any place that specializes in fasteners. Here's one. Hex head
is cheaper.

https://www.boltdepot.com/Carriage_b...olts.aspx?nv=l