Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Where can I buy a small quantity of BRASS Carriage Bolts?

On Mon, 09 May 2016 00:49:45 -0400, wrote:

I need 14 BRASS Carriage Bolts, 1/4" diameter, 1.5 in long, with brass
nuts. These are for an outdoor patio bench. Steel will rust, so I want
brass (which is what the bench originally had). The local hardware
stores dont carry brass bolts.

Anyone know anywhere that will sell a small amount of them? I'm sure
they are costly, so I dont want to buy a whole case of them.
I need 14 of each, but will probably buy 20 of them.

If I cant find brass, I'd opt for stainless steel, but they are not
available locally either.

Just one example... over $ 2. per bolt ! 64 cents per nut ?
Huh. I hope I'm resading that wrong.

http://tinyurl.com/h4e3nkc

.... and why wouldn't Fastenal's web page provide a link to the
1/4 20 brass nut that goes with this ? instead of stainless ..
Duh .

http://tinyurl.com/jca6n7g

John T