Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another 20 bet won from an apprentice

On Mon, 9 May 2016 07:48:48 +0100, polygonum wrote:

The non-variable speed limit informational signs were not showing any
issues.

Ah, just like the ones I saw last night saying that the M6 Northbound
from the A591 was closed 6th to 9th of May. Can't say I noticed.

Or last week when the informational boards south of Preston had "M6
CLOSED", except it wasn't, yes they reduced it down to a single lane
on the hard shoulder with lots of coneage with lights on and
temporary area lighting and lead you off at a junction. But that was
it, no DIVERTED TRAFFIC signs or FOLLOW O for M6 N. Well there
wouldn't be the motorway wasn't actually closed! It took two slo mo
watches of the dashcam to spot that one could have stayed on the
motorway by driving into darkness over the white hatching of the hard
shoulder. There was a round blue "traffic split" sign but it was
non-reflective and not illuminated. There was no other signage to
indicate the split and of course you'd been told the M6 was closed...

--
Cheers
Dave.