Jim shedden

Default GE Microwave ZMC1090

Hi,

The above oven doesn't heat on microwave. Convection heating and all
control functions seem O.K.

Most notable symptom is that the primary transformer current is only 5
amps AC when the magnetron is to be energized. I would expect over
twice that much. It is modulated with a relay, whose contacts appear
fine and will click on and off properly at 50% power setting.

I discharged the High Voltage and did all the usual resistance
measurements on the magnetron, transformer and cap. I did remove the
diode and ran 10 volts in series with it and a 1.2K resistor. Got 3mA
forward and 0mA reverse current.

I have a high voltage probe on order to test the high voltage under
operating conditions.

Does anyone have a suggestions? The failure seems partial somehow and
I don't know how to proceede without replacing parts that may be
operating fine.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Jim Shedden