Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default Another ú20 bet won from an apprentice

In article , Bob Eager
writes
On Sat, 07 May 2016 17:21:43 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Everyone makes mistakes, misses a speed limit sign that's partially
hidden, etc. at some point. A pensioner who drives 3000 miles a year to
the shops and back, on roads that they know like the back of their hand
is a lot less likely to collect points or a ban than say a sales rep who
might be doing 60,000+ business miles per year, often on roads they have
never been on before, held up by delays and against deadlines.

I was on an unfamiliar mixed-urban trip recently and I was very careful.
But I did also turn on the car's speed limiter, linked to its recognition
of speed limit signs (it's not perfect, but belt and braces).

There are now so many changes in speed limits on most A roads in
Cheshire that its almost impossible to remember what speed limit you're
under.
--
bert