Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Busted jigsaw motor - fixable?

ARW wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 08 May 2016 17:27:33 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:
Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 08 May 2016 15:49:10 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Mr Macaw wrote:
My jigsaw started sparking and throwing out smoke, so I took it
to bits, found a shorted coil in the motor, and disconnected
it. But it's still doing this (sew video). Is there anything
that can be done, or does it go in the bucket?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/75z1zyve3jajgg7/Saw.AVI?dl=0

You need to repair the coil not remove it.

Removing it makes the motor provide force 23/24ths of the time.
How is that wrong? And why would it still flash at the brushes
when the shorted one is removed?

Yes but 1 time in 24 the current is going from full to min and
causing the sparks.

I see. But presumably nothing like from full to short.

Repairing the coil would be impossible, the insulation is like glue,
you can't unravel little motors like that.

Hmmm, seems like your 21 year old degree is as useless as you are.
You have been called a tool twice.
Allow me to call you a prick.

I am sure that many kettles have an opinion on that.

Kettles do not post here, thicko.