Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Smart meters

In message ,
harry writes
On Saturday, 7 May 2016 19:22:16 UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
On 07/05/2016 18:42, Tim Lamb wrote:

Currently optional. The non smart one fitted for me is about the size of
a school pencil case. Without reading glasses the display is illegible.

If it is ever made compulsory, what processes will everyone have to go
through before, eventually, cutting you off? (I can't see any other
obvious endpoint.) Does the supplier have some right to access your
property for non-safety reasons? So if you simply don't make yourself
available, and don't let them in even if they find you at home, what
happens?

--
Rod

The end point is energy demand side management.
Coming soon after everybody has a smart meter fitted.

It'll be interesting to see how it fits in with domestic solar PV power.

Yes. The meter installer confirmed that their interest is in peak
shifting by financially discouraging domestic peak usage:-(

--
Tim Lamb