Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Driving with adaptive cruise control

Self driving cars are not far away and you can get a preview on most
cars today.

Most cars now offer the option on adaptive cruise control, auto
emergency braking, etc. I've had it now for the past six months on my
Genesis but you can get it on other models, other brands. It sure makes
driving easier.

This past long weekend my wife and I took a 600 mile road trip through
NY state, Vermont, New Hampshire and used the secondary roads as much as
possible. Some of the roads were up and down hills, twisty, and speed
limits varied from 35 to 55 along the way. Traffic was light, but I'd
often be behind another car. I'd set the cruise control for the highest
speed and let my car follow the one ahead.

On some stretches I'd go up to 20 miles and not have to touch the gas or
brake pedals. I'd just follow the car ahead and it maintained a safe
speed and distance between us. Even stopping at traffic lights and going
through a town where traffic caused a lot of speed changes. If sure
makes driving safe and less tiring.

If you are thinking about a new car, this is one optionyou want to have.