Daniel L. Belton

Default how do I copy from DVD to DVD?

rstlne wrote:
They have no such rights. In civilised countries such as Australia, we
have legislation to ensure that prices are set by fair competition.

Look, ya dumb****! If I make a movie, I am the ONLY one allowed to
sell it. THERE IS NO COMPETITION to **** and moan about. The movie
is MINE TO SELL, and mine alone.

It is a monopoly by default, and is perfectly legal in ALL free
nations.

If YOU make a product that others can make and compete with you for
market share in, fine, but movies are SINGULAR works of art, and ONLY
the studio that made them should EVER profit from one.

If I paint a painting, it is MINE and mine alone. I am the ONLY one
allowed to sell it, or copies of it.

AT WHATEVER PRICE I WANT, IN WHATEVER MARKET I SELL IT IN.

Yeh, And if someone buys a work of art from you they should be able to
resell it too
Also they can make copy's of it and sell it as a copy..

You sure that this is what you were meaning?.. I mean.. If you define movies
as art then really they should only release 1 copy of it, it should be sold
as unique, and then non-originals could be resold down the road..

Keep the ideas rolling in here

no... if you purchase a painting from someone, you do have the right to
resell it. BUT you do NOT have the right to make copy's and sell them.
Same goes for books, movies and music. You can sell the original, but
you can not copy it and sell it. There are laws to protect intellectual
property, and these are different from copyright laws even though they
do cross areas.