Bonge Boo!

Default Philips widescreen tv overbright on reds....

On 4/1/04 18:50, in article 1gZJb.124270$VB2.361037@attbi_s51, "James Sweet"
wrote:

This is why before buying any used TV, it should be properly checked

before
paying out for it. Sometimes a repair cost can add enough to the price

make the total cost to be around the cost of buying a new set.

Hummm. Lesson learned. I've had a Panasonic that's done nearly 20 years
service. I didn't realise modern TV had these sort of manufacturing probs.
Stupid me. Thank you for your comments, and yes, I probably would have

been
better off buying new. Now I have to decide whether to flog it cheap, or
repair what may go bad again.

May as well have it looked at, once repaired it should be about as good as
new, even new stuff isn't particularly reliable anymore.

I should also add, as I've just worked it out, that when the reds suddenly
massively increase in luminance, if I switch it to stand-by mode for a 10
seconds, then power it up again, the colour cast has gone. The FAQs mention
de-guassing and colour casts, and I guess on power up the set de-guasses if
its like a computer monitor.

Does this help narrow the problem down, or is it still "could be any number
of things"