Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT stranger than fiction ...

On Sat, 07 May 2016 07:29:24 -0400, wrote:

A local story that defies belief ....

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/...onestoga-mall/

Our ancestors threw down some timbers to get a path through a muddy
area - and it's treated like an archeological find !

Reminds me of being a kid. Riding in Model T & A Fords, down roads in
a place called "Corkscrew", federal lands abutting the eastern
Everglades in Florida.

Moon shiner's ran stills back in the swamps. "Pole Crossing" was an
area that you had to cross through a Cypress Head. Water could be at
any level, depending on rains.

Pole Crossing was made using 6-8 inch diameter cypress trees -- side
by side, so you was able to pass through the head.

The Fords were "water proof" DIY and could stay running when in the
water.

The area should be a national treasure.