Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.windows7.general
Paul in Houston TX[_2_] Paul in Houston TX[_2_] is offline

Default PC Smoke Chapter 2

OG wrote:

Anyway, now I am wondering if the power supply was taken out.
It is a 600W CoolerMaster RS-500-PCAR.
Do these protect themselves or just melt down with the connector.
The cabling is hard ot get to since the PC is packed tight with 4 HHD and two DVDs and a
few boards plugged into the motherboard.

IMO, 600w and cooling is not nearly enough for what you have that machine doing.
This machine has a 750w p/s and sometimes it gets stressed.
2-4 hdds, 1-2 dvds, various cards, etc.
cpu fan, hdd fan, 2 bridge fans, ram fan, pwr sup fan, gpu fan, all set to max.
Everything overclocked. 24" floor fan on the side of the case.
When the current p/s goes bad I'll get a 1 kw p/s.