Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Leaving small devices on constantly.

On Fri, 6 May 2016 15:14:12 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Most well made electronics actually benefit from being under power at all times. Exceptions would be surges, brown outs and lightening strikes.

Eventually I'll get all this conneced to a surge supressor, but in 33
years here, the numeric panel for the burglar alarm went up in smoke
for some reason, but no other possible surge problems

Three are always inrush surges, thermal issues and other faults relating to start-up and shutdown that are not good.

Okay

I kept a Ramsey FM100B (1-watt version) when I worked overseas that now has been in operation 24/7 these last 11 years without a single glitch.

Now that you mention it, I have two tv signal amplifiers that have
been plugged in for 32 and 30 years, except during 3 power failures
and ~30 momentary interruptions and they still work fine.

I'll leave it on. Thanks.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA