Jerry.

Default MEM Gridwwitch 8000

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
In article ,
Christian McArdle wrote:

snip

Myself, I agree that having the fuse in the plug isn't a problem. I used
a 20A DP switch instead of an FCU to avoid having two fuses, and
allowing a more pretty grid switch based solution that wouldn't take up
too much space on the tiles.

That would make more sense if you really, really must have a separate
switch for your appliances. But I think it's just making work for the sake
of it - dedicated low situated sockets inside adjacent cupboards would be
my way if a re-wire was undertaken.

We are back to placing the means of isolating in somewhere that is a/. not
accessible and b/. only known to the property owner and the electrician who
did the rewire and not to others - possibly even the lady of the house ! :~)

Also, in the case of washing machines etc. were there could be a fault
involving leaking water would really want to either touch the unit before
moving it or switch off a ring circuit rather than just a DP switch placed
some where accessible ?