Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Document Storage

On 5/5/2016 6:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/5/2016 4:55 PM, Don Y wrote:

That's different when you're sharing accounts with another and have more
monies tied up in investments than liquid assets (which is far more common
than when younger). It's annoying to have to transfer ADDITIONAL funds
simply
because you failed to SHARE the fact taht you were planning on spending
$500 for a CLASS this Spring while your counterpart was planning on
spending a similar amount on SUPPLIES. I.e., if we're going to need
$1000 for "extraordinary expenses", then lets arrange to have that
$1000 available instead of just the $500 you (or I) planned on.

Not a problem for us, my wife carries no more that $20 on her and does not go
anyplace on her own any more. She has me take her where she wants to go and
has me pay for it. Easy to track expenses and she has no stress from it. Works
for us.

Our daily activities are largely independent. We each "do our own thing"
and meet back here later in the day. Sometimes, joint appearances are
necessary (usually at some function/fundraiser that SWMBO is interested in).

She doesn't concern herself with my projects, home maintenance, the cars,
etc. and I don't worry about what she's spending on her "hobbies" or lunch
dates with her friends, etc. She's more likely to grill me about whether
I have *any* money in my wallet -- esp if she knows I'm headed someplace
where I will likely *need* it!

(some places that I frequent will only accept cash; others will NOT accept
cash and insist on checks; still others will take anything)

So, we long ago learned to clue each other in on upcoming expenditures
(beyond the piddling expenses). E.g., I'll soon be painting the roof so
she should expect me to be shelling out a lot of money for paint. And,
I want to put some siding on the back porch so that will be a kilobuck or
so...