Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck[_27_] Chuck[_27_] is offline

Default IBM W510 Fan Error FRUNO: 60Y5493 P/N: 60Y4981

On Thu, 5 May 2016 15:32:24 -0000 (UTC), Max Muller
wrote:

On Thu, 05 May 2016 02:32:38 -0400, Paul wrote:

The first thing you notice in the video, is
the fan spindle moves easily, when he applied a
finger to it. The bearing is not locked.

Thanks for looking at the video (a lot of people don't do that!).

So I appreciate your advice and assistance.

It was good to watch those two videos becasue I didn't know if
my fan, when spun manually, was normal or not.

Mine only spins about four or five turns when I give it a whirl
with my finger, so, I'm pretty sure the lubrication is gone.

Even though it's working at the moment, I expect it to stop working
soon, so, I plan on taking it apart and lubing it.

The one video said lube only lasts a month, which is too little
time for so much effort (disassembly and reassembly being a PITA).

So, I'm looking for what lubricant to use.

This article suggests sewing machine oil:
http://lifehacker.com/5761236/tempor...bricating-them

The comments in that article suggest white lithium grease.

I've used Mobil 1 5-30 for years for this purpose.

---