ral

Default TTX 19" Monitor

John Gill wrote:
ral:
Another thought:
Many monitors use a Field Effect transistor (FET), a capacitor, and sometimes
a diode in a regulator circuit that supplies the primary of the flyback
with its operating voltage. This voltage, when it leaves the primary,
flows through the collector of the HOT. It is fairly common for the FET
or capacitor to go bad which causes the voltage to go up and also blow
the HOT. Check it out before you install the new HOT transistor.
John

Good point, John I'll check everything out of circuit when the part
gets here. I did check collector to emitter (ground) shorted on the
HOT. Another tidbit from the OP is a closer look at the HOT showed
burn marks on the component side of the HOT at the base, collector
leads. I received the tracking number on the part should be 5 days.

Thx's again
ral