Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

On 5/3/2016 4:44 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Recently, my biggest computer failed. It was the power supply, and
replacing that fixed it. A lot of people would have had to replace the
whole thing (and create more trash) and spend a few hours reinstalling
everything (or actually a few days of weeks waiting for someone else to
do it), and possibly complaining about the lack of backups.

You are so right about computer crash, and the endless
work to get all the programs "just right".

Good job, sir, about sending less computer to the
landfill. You aren't keeping the economy going,
spending money on computers. But you do reduce the
landfill waste.

As for me, I'm on about my 4th power supply for this
2007 model frankencomputer. It's alive!

--
..
Christopher A. Young