Posted to alt.home.repair
Arthur Cresswell Arthur Cresswell is offline

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed torecycling?)

Arthur Cresswell wrote on Tue, 03 May 2016 23:03:36 +0000:

The wife makes mayonaise from three ingredients:
1. An egg 2. A squeeze of lemon 3. oil

She blends that in a way that takes skill (because I always end up with
a mess but she ends up with mayo) and it stays in the plastic container
until it is used up (usually it's about a cup of oil at a time because
you can't really make less and blend it successfully).

We just rinse it out in the dishwasher, and it seems to come clean.

Same by the way with the ketchup.

When we need ketchup (catsup?), the wife whips up a batch out of:
1. Tomato paste
2. Vinegar
3. Spices (interestingly enough, stuff that is used in pumpkin pies!)

When the catsup/ketchup is done, we put the plastic container in
the dishwasher. Where the catsup goes from there, I never see it.

It is a pain to have to rinse out the tomato paste cans.

They should make tomato paste cans like they make caulking guns.