Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawn mowers won't stay running

On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 11:36:47 AM UTC-5, wrote:
My neighbor (female with deployed husband) has two lawn mowers that won't stay running. I drained the old gas from them, put new gas in, and used a little ether to get them started. They run for a bit, then die. They won't start on their own, without ether. I try priming them, but I'm not sure they are getting gas.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Several years ago, my housemate's lawnmower would not run. It had a spark and a little gas squirted in the carb would run it for a few seconds. I got on line and found a new OEM carb on eBay for $20. It was easier to get a new carb because the rebuild kits were about the same price. New carb solved the problem. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Mower Monster