Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 8:13:01 PM UTC-4, Mike Duffy wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2016 18:32:36 -0500, RonNNN wrote:

[...] maggots and roaches and stuff

Is there a problem with the lid on your gargabe container?

I can't speak for Mike Duffy, of course, but...

Flies seem to find a way in regardless. Our current container
is provided by the trash hauler (we have no choice; it's designed
to be picked up by the mechanical arm on the truck), and the lid
doesn't close very tightly. When we bought our own garbage cans,
flies still managed to get in to lay their eggs.

Luckily, it's only a problem in the summer here. Cold weather
kills the little devils.

Cindy Hamilton