Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

On 5/2/2016 10:51 PM, Arthur Cresswell wrote:

I'm curious what you pay.

We pay 33 dollars a month for the once-weekly trash pickup (which includes
two bins of blue, two bins of green and one bin of brown).

We pay 13 cents to 50 cents a kilowatt hour to pump water (depends on the
monthly amounts) and we don't pay sewage since we have septic.

We pay by the bag for trash. Large bag is $2, small bag is $1
Recyclables are picked up free. There is a fee schedule for things like
furniture too, but all seem reasonable.

I take my trash to the dumpster at work, but if I had to pay it would
work out to about $12 a month.

In case some old lady here want to complain, we pay a fixed fee for
weekly pickup of the dumpster so my trash add nothing to the cost. I'm
not stealing. I've also given permission to a couple of others to use
it too.