Roy Wiggins

Default Braun shaver- how does it come apart? Battery type?

Hi Dave,
I read with interest your informative note about batteries to Thomas .
My somewhat elderly although working Braun shaver does not hold a charge for
very long nowadays. I presume this is because the battery is failing ( I had
a look and its a HR-AA BKH). cannot see how to get it out easily or if its
soldered in or not. Any ideas? Are the batteries still available? I presume
if the charging circuit is knackered there isn't much point any more.
Regards
Roy
wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:23:02 GMT, Thomas Tornblom
-to-reply wrote:

DaveC writes:

Braun 5 476 shaver. How is it held together? Can't find any screws or

obvious
clips that keep it in one piece.

On the back there is an international "recycle" symbol with the term

"NH
accu". What type of batteries are these? Sources?

Frequently there's two plastic plugs besides the connector. Carefully
pry them out and there will likely be a phillips head screw there.

The batteries are normally NiMh. The Brauns I've replaced the
batteries in has had one or two AA cells.

Where did you buy the batteries?