Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default Fluke 8060a meter interconnect strip *update working-- sorta*

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 9:06:34 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

This Zebra strip measures about 1K ohms:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/Fluke%208060a/Fluke-8060a-LCD-1.jpg

while this one measures about 5 ohms:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/Fluke%208060a/Fluke-8060a-LCD-2.jpg

Measuring the resistance was a PITA. The problem was determining
whether I was measuring the resistance of one contact, or a bunch of
them in parallel.

The conductors are *very* dense in this particular zebra strip and I'd guess that there's at a minimum 10 conductors presented across the large pads on the boards they make contact with, so I'd venture that if they're 5 ohms each and 10 or more are paralleled across the pads, a wire jumper is just fine.

More photos when I have time. Anything else you want photographed or
measured?

Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

No, I think I'm OK at this point. After it takes it's IPA bath I'll reassemble and see where I'm at. Thanks for the information!

If the meter turns out OK, I'll probably pick up a DOA meter on ebay for parts, including the missing button. If the meter still is a bit wonky, I'll remove the switch pack and give it an ultrasonic bath.

The bottom of my display looks exactly like yours. Are you sure this is abnormal? The bottom edge is where the round zebra strip contacts the LCD electrically on the back side, so maybe that thicker area is normal. The border around the entire LCD display is black although much thinner.

John