Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fluke 8060a meter interconnect strip *update working-- sorta*

On Mon, 02 May 2016 11:14:14 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Well, I may join you on this repair. I just found my long lost Fluke
8060a. About +1.5mv of residual reading on the 200mv scale. I'll
drag it to my office, take some photos, and measure the Zebra strip
resistance for you (probably tomorrow).

Curses, foiled again. While tearing apart the meter, taking photos,
and putting it back together, I managed to transfer enough blood,
sweat, and tears onto the PCB and components to wreck the calibration
and add some more leakage. Instead of +1.5mv of residual junk on the
200mv scale, I now have about -7mv of leakage. The next time I work on
this meter, I'll remember to use latex or nitrile gloves. 90% alcohol
and bake dry scheduled for next weekend.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D