Posted to alt.home.repair
Arthur Cresswell Arthur Cresswell is offline

Default What the heck -- waste motor oil

Stormin Mormon wrote on Mon, 02 May 2016 21:12:38 -0400:

One auto repair garage near me (well, thinking some more, can think of a
second one) burns waste motor oil for heat in the winter. I get my oil
changes there. On the rare moments I have waste oil, I do bring it there
when the jug is full.

Really. They burn waste motor oil?
I would think that it's a carcinogen.
WHo knows what is dissolved in the waste motor oil?

Lots' of petroleum by products I would think.
Doesn't seem to me to be a good thing to burn, but, I guess if the heat
is high enough, everything is incinerated.