Posted to alt.home.repair
Arthur Cresswell Arthur Cresswell is offline

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed torecycling?)

RonNNN wrote on Mon, 02 May 2016 19:32:00 -0500:

All of the soap and water and electricity I use to heat the water and
run the garbage disposal (et al )I pay for. I also pay to have my
garbage and recyclables picked up and pay a storm water runoff fee. If
that's what you call using other peoples taxes we'll just have to agree
to disagree. And if you think a garbage can lid will keep out roaches
and maggots we'll have to agree to disagree again.

I'm curious what you pay.

We pay 33 dollars a month for the once-weekly trash pickup (which includes
two bins of blue, two bins of green and one bin of brown).

We pay 13 cents to 50 cents a kilowatt hour to pump water (depends on the
monthly amounts) and we don't pay sewage since we have septic.