Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 9:38:00 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 7:15:55 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/2/2016 6:29 PM, Arthur Cresswell wrote:

Now we pour it in a spot we don't care the animals dig up. Most of the
food is scavenged by animals anyway, which is how it should be. Everyone
always says that will "attract rats" but I think they make this stuff
up because I see a coyote every day, a bobcat once a month, deer every
day, and assorted squirrels and chipmunks every day, but almost never
a rat.

Try that in just about any city and get back to me after a couple of days.

well i have a pretty big compost pile of branches, grass and leaves. our community encouraged compost piles...

then we got a neighborhood rat problem a neighbor shot and killed 60 rats. allegheny county sent a investigator because we have the compost pile the community pushed.

i had a very unfriendly argument with the allegheny county rat expert, he was rude and offensive, and blamed the rat problem on my compost pile of grass clippings, weeds, lots of leaves, all natural stuff.

if i ever talk with him again i will record his rants, and he deserves to be fired for how he talks to people.

now i have had dogs for over 20 years, my dog susie was a mouser. if it moved she would catch and kill it. i felt bad when she caught 2 full grown rabbits..........

well she died at age 15 , and rats took over.

since we got jack a border collie mix i havent seen anything. i am certain jack has driven off all the varmits from our yard........

If it's legal in your state, you should record all your interactions with government employees, including law enforcement. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Recording Monster