Posted to alt.home.repair
Arthur Cresswell Arthur Cresswell is offline

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed torecycling?)

trader_4 wrote on Mon, 02 May 2016 15:43:32 -0700:

That's the case here in NJ too. Styrofoam packaging is another example.
Or the plastic wrappers around some consumer packages. Used paper
towels, rags, used paper plates, bubble pack material,
meat bones, chicken carcass.

I guess that's a good point in that *some* plastic isn't recyclable.

But I pretty much recycle all plastics.

They don't seem to complain so they must have some way of filtering
it out of the mix if it's plastic they don't like.

But, realistically, a recycling main facility must deal with tons
of scrap at a time, so, I would think they deal with it on the
gross level.