Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 9:24:46 PM UTC-5, Arthur Cresswell wrote:
Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote on Mon, 02 May 2016 16:31:14 -0700:

cat litter

Good observation!

We don't have cats or dogs, but I wonder why cat litter isn't just
compost. Certainly the refuse part of it is normal compost.

What's cat litter made out of anyway?

I suspect it would be perfect for compost.

I'm pretty sure most generic cat litter and oil dry are made from processed clay. Oil-Dri Corp is the largest producer of cat litter. Take a look at their website. It's very interesting. ^_^

http://www.oildri.com/

http://www.oildri.com/consumer/index.html

[8~{} Uncle Litter Monster