Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 8:29:27 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/2/2016 9:20 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

It was an episode of the Penn & Teller TV show,"Bull****". They're really critical of the recycling hysteria. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcdNaajKExs

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster

At our place we accept foam plastic for recycling. People sometimes
drive up in their 9 mpg SUV to bring a few ounces of plastic. They feel
good about it. They saved the earth.

If you see the whole episode about recycling being male bovine droppings, they show that it costs communities more money to recycle than to dump everything in a landfill. The hysterical cloud huggers, tree huggers and Political Correctness worshipers will never admit the facts about recycling being a costly money losing proposition. I'm all for recycling things which have a market like lead batteries, steel and aluminum. If there is a demand for things like paper, plastic, glass and organic waste, let the companies that want it, go around and collect it. I've seen bipedal metal termites strip aluminum siding off a house in a matter of a few days and no air conditioner is safe from those thieves. Here in my city, the council passed an ordinance requiring scrap yards to get identification from people bringing in metal, especially air conditioner components. I don't know how much effect it's had on metal thieves but some companies are actually marking the copper lines on their AC systems. I think a good way to mark the copper lines would be to use a UV ink that would show up when scanned at a scrapyard. Shooting the vermin on sight might help control the theft of metallic property. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Metal Monster