Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

On 05/02/2016 06:58 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:
On 5/2/2016 6:26 PM, philo wrote:

Interesting world we live in, and neighborhoods. I irritate my
neighbors by not spending what I have, they irritate me by spending what
they don't have. The number of trash carts seems to be some sort of a
status symbol with the "Bubba folks" and how high you can stuff the
trash into one so the lid won't close. It's a sign of affluence to them
I suppose.

One thing I do:

If it has any recycle value at all just as scrap bits of metal,
old lawn furniture or computer cases...I just put it next to the trash
container and half the time it's gone in a few hours.

My wife and I always joke if it takes more than 24 hours...about how
picky they are.