Posted to alt.home.repair
RonNNN RonNNN is offline

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

In article , mqduffy001
@bell.net says...

On Mon, 2 May 2016 18:32:36 -0500, RonNNN wrote:

[...] maggots and roaches and stuff

Is there a problem with the lid on your gargabe container?

I'm happy to let my taxes and garbage fees work at
the water treatment plant rather than the landfill.

Some might say that you are using the taxes of others to subsidise your
disproportionate use of the operational capacity of the water treatment
plant.

In practice, it is more complicated, because in some places, the sewage
plant captures the methane produced, and are actually designed with garbage
disposals in mind. Also, less fuel is consumed carrying the waste to the
dump. If your community incinerates garbage it will incur an extra
environmental cost as well.

A lot depends on how expensive water is in your community, and how much
soap and hot water you use to prevent grease build-up.

All of the soap and water and electricity I use to heat the water and run
the garbage disposal (et al )I pay for. I also pay to have my garbage and
recyclables picked up and pay a storm water runoff fee. If that's what
you call using other peoples taxes we'll just have to agree to disagree.
And if you think a garbage can lid will keep out roaches and maggots
we'll have to agree to disagree again.

--
RonNNN