Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fluke 8060a meter interconnect strip *update working-- sorta*

On Mon, 2 May 2016 13:57:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 2:14:13 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Never mind. I found the type in the user manual on Pg 6-5 in:
http://assets.fluke.com/manuals/8060a_3vimeng0200.pdf
SCREW,PH,P,THD FORM,STL,7-19,.750

You lost the screws,

I several large candy jars that are full of random hardware. I
probably tossed the screws in one of them. It's easier to buy
replacements than to excavate them from the jars. Needle in haystack.
The local Ace hardware store didn't have any plastic screws.

somewhere along the way I lost one
of the push buttons. Too bad I can't get one of those in a
hardware store!

You can get another carcass on eBay. Or buy one from the test
equipment cannibals:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=fluke+dvm+switch+cover
Notice that the LCD display is starting to turn black along the bottom
edge. Most of my various Fluke meters have the same problem.

I tore my 8050a apart and tooks some photos and measurements:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/Fluke%208060a/

This Zebra strip measures about 1K ohms:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/Fluke%208060a/Fluke-8060a-LCD-1.jpg

while this one measures about 5 ohms:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/Fluke%208060a/Fluke-8060a-LCD-2.jpg

Measuring the resistance was a PITA. The problem was determining
whether I was measuring the resistance of one contact, or a bunch of
them in parallel. I didn't want to drag out the microscope, so I
resorted to a trick. I placed the flat side of one DVM probe across a
section of the strip so that it would connect to a large number of
conductive strips. I then used a very sharp needle tip to make
contact on the other side. It wasn't perfect, but I think it was good
enough.

More photos when I have time. Anything else you want photographed or
measured?

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558