Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

On 05/02/2016 05:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yep, looked like it all ended up in the garbage.

sheesh, how disgusting.

I know people in similar situation. Could easily support a house but
cannot save up enough for a down payment. I had to have my mother be on
the deed for my first house as I was only 20 when I bought it.

Never had a yard sale either. We have plenty of "stuff" but we buy what
we want/need and use it until it no longer works.

My wife just can't believe what I'll take the time to fix...
but when I repair something it's usually better than new.

It usually takes less time to fix it than if I would have gone to the
store to buy a new one.

I was 30 when I bought my house (same one I still live in 36 years
later). I was tired of renting but a bit short on funds for the down
payment. I had to "borrow" $1500 from my mom. Years later she told me I
did not have to pay her back. I was really counting on that.

If I did not own my own home, there is no way I could afford to live in
this neighborhood, the rents are up to $1600 a month for a new, two
bedroom apt!