Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

On 5/2/2016 5:09 PM, Arthur Cresswell wrote:

So, given that my brown trash bin is never used, what on earth do
people *put* in their trash bin, that can't be recycled otherwise?

Congrats on not loading up landfills.
Not everyone takes recycling as far as you do. Some towns don't want
contaminated paper such as pizza boxes or saturated meat wrappers,
coated papers, anything with biological contamination. .

Some of the food you are composting is also good rodent bait. I prefer
to dispose of it than have animals finding it. Those Q-tips you are
putting in with the paper are not easily recycled, not to mention no one
want to pick off your earwax. How about razor blades? Do you separate
the metal blade from the plastic? I don't, I toss one a month.