Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) Portable USB drive (makes no sense)

On 5/2/16 3:48 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2016 08:53:58 -0400, Retired wrote:

The drive is NTFS. Will a Mac read that?

I left the driver on the drive, but removed all the extra software. I
did zip it and save a copy on a flash drive just in case it's needed.

I don't know the how and why of it, but I use a flash drive to move
files between a Mac mini w/ El Capitan, and a Win 7 laptop all the
time. (.jpg, .xls, .doc )

If you have a Mac and a Win machine, try it.

I dont have a Mac!

I know .jpg . gif . mp3 .htm are universal. I suppose .doc is too, as
well as .txt. (not sure what a .xls is used for).

These are all application file types, which have nothing to do with
disk formats.
..xls is an MS Excel spreadsheet file type, which can also be
created/read by such free apps as OpenOffice or Libre on Macs or Win PCs